#1 2005-02-22 15:29:48

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

IQ tests

I got:

Congratulations, Christoffer!
Your IQ score is 129

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

On [url]http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/[/url] big_smile

#2 2005-02-27 16:29:08

smiddy
PM

Re: IQ tests

Congratulations, Smiddy!
Your IQ score is 136

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Silly test...

Last edited by smiddy (2005-02-27 16:29:52)

- [color=red]s[/color][color=blue]m[/color][color=red]i[/color][color=blue]d[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]y[/color]

#3 2005-02-27 17:06:36

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

Argh, you got higher.. *thinking of checking out that cool banning feature..*

#4 2005-02-28 10:38:42

smiddy
PM

bubach wrote:

Argh, you got higher.. *thinking of checking out that cool banning feature..*

I suppose I should know better than to show up the host...my bad, please forgive me. lol

BTW, it was mainly based on my math skills. I've been schooled in a load of math...

As for the English portion, had I had more time i would have done better since I know what ethymanes are, I just don't have a lot of practice noticing the right outcome. About 1 in 5 were just that...

- [color=red]s[/color][color=blue]m[/color][color=red]i[/color][color=blue]d[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]y[/color]

#5 2005-02-28 11:17:21

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

I would have gotten higher if I had been better on english. (f.ex. the questions "What does <word> stand for?") :-)

/ Christoffer

#6 2005-02-28 12:18:05

smiddy
PM

In that case I would certainly be a retard since I don't know any other language with any kind of fluency. I can order beers in quite a few other languages...and I can say "Who's your daddy?" in quite a few languages, but that is not as significant as being fluent.

My wife was a Korean linguist. She says she was mediocre at best, however I think anyone who's able to comprehend and use a language outside of their own mother-tongue is intellectually superior.

I couldn't imagine doing an IQ test in Swedish. Especially if I am unable to order a beer or say "who's your daddy?" lol

#7 2005-02-28 12:36:56

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

Hmm.. Have to fix that then.. :-)

All you need to know on swedish:
Hej - Hi/Hello
En starköl tack - One "strongbeer" thanks (if you want a ordinary: use "öl" instead of "starköl") wink
Who's your daddy? - Who's your daddy? (no good translation of this, most swedish people use english for this kind of stuff)

The classical phrase "much snow but no flashlight" that most swedish people learn in diffrent languages (due to a movie with that frase...) is: "Mycket snö men ingen ficklampa" smile

/ Christoffer

#8 2005-03-01 00:01:22

smiddy
PM

Out of curiosity then, are the phonetics that same as English (from a Latin or Roman base)? I assume the sounds are quite differrent too. What is the base language? I mean, what are the roots, Slavic? Perhaps the next time I go to the book store I'll see if I can find a Swedish-English dictionary (pocket).

I suppose using slang in another language kind of defeats the purpose of the slang, thus it makes sense to me to say "Who's your daddy?" in English...but you must do it with like you're riding a bucking bronco, and slapping it's behind. lol

<cough> I had to check to see what forum we're in, I wouldn't want to be banned for inappropriate <cough> language. lol

#9 2005-03-01 13:47:49

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

#10 2005-03-02 15:33:02

tonyMac
PM

An IQ test in Swedish...
   I'd fail... I'm afraid my German would only be somewhat helpful there.  (the recognition of 2-3 words per sentance is bad).  Oh well, it just goes to show that it is good to have another (or multiple) languages in your possesion.  Especially when the entire MenuetOS team appears to be from Russia.  lol

#11 2005-03-02 15:41:15

smiddy
PM

Hey bubach,

Thanks for the links. I was able to read the first paragraph of the first link and had to run away. I'll give it a thorough look-see this weekend. too much on my plate today (you can only eat an elephant one mouth full at a time).

@tonyMac,

Yeah, I fear that MenuetOS development has stopped. So it may be wise to bone up on my (none existant) Russian, eh?

#12 2005-03-02 15:56:28

tonyMac
PM

wow, I got a 131.   It said I was a visionary, able to easily come up with new and creative ideas.  (I have lots of friends in my head)   lol

@Smiddy:
   I have no problem learning other languages, but I'm afraid the different alphabet might throw me off on the Russian, da?  :sad:

Last edited by tonyMac (2005-03-02 15:57:44)

#13 2005-03-02 17:40:16

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

Wow, a conversation on _my_ forum without me involved (almost).. big_smile

@ smiddy
   take your time, and i'll expect you to talk Swedish in a week or two.... wink
    homework: "Säg till mig när du vet vad detta betyder.. :-)"

@ tonyMac
   131? This is bad, I regret that I will have to ban you now... tongue

4.      Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.
             Ugly
             Weathered
             Elusive
             Noxious
             Tempting

Could someone tell me the exact meaning of: Elusive and Noxious? I know the answer on swedish, but the same "proverb; saying" (thanks again dictionary) on english is a bit to much for me..

8.      A fallacious argument is:
             Disturbing
             Valid
             False
             Necessary

Arghh.. Damn it! I wish I hadn't skipped so many english lessons...

/ Christoffer

#14 2005-03-02 18:08:01

tonyMac
PM

Elusive   means to be hard to find, or it can mean actively making sure it's not found.  This is the descriptive form of "to elude", which means to slip by unnoticed (sort of). 

I don't think I can give a definition for noxious, it's also a descriptive word.  It sort of means "very bad", persistently bad, unmanageably bad.  A weed can be described as noxious, it keeps coming back when it's not wanted.

I tripped over #8, too...  And I speak English as my native language.  :-(   

My best guess would be to use what appears to be the root of the word:  "Fallacy", which is basically a failing trait.  But then, I'm not sure...  I went with "False" as my answer.

Ist das ein problem?  Ja!  Ich kann nicht sprechen!  Haette ich mehr Zeit, wuerde ich studieren...

(lack of umlaut on keyboard makes "ae" and "ue" necessary...)

PS:  you seem to have learned how to swear well enough.  lol  Of course, that's the first thing anyone learns in another language...

Last edited by tonyMac (2005-03-02 18:10:09)

#15 2005-03-02 18:35:38

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

#4: Ok, thanks.
#8: Hehe, thats bad..

"Är det ett problem?   Ja!   Jag kan inte prata!   Hade jag mer tid, skulle jag studera" - a complete translation to swedish.. ( and i only took one year of german in school ) wink

Don't you have a key on the keyboard with two dots so that you can do like me, push that key and then press f. ex. U to get Ü (which doesn't exist on swedish keyboard from the beginning..)?

Of course I can swear, we don't dub our movies in sweden.. tongue

/ Christoffer

#16 2005-03-02 19:38:34

smiddy
PM

Noxious deals with the scent of the rose, being an oxymoron, as roses smell so sweet (normally). Then thorns means that it has a bad side, to the bad bad issue rears its ugly head, and isn't the best solution. Roses induce the person viewing them to touch them, thus a tempting rose also has thorns, so be careful. But then again, no one answer is the best but an indication of your thought patterns. Each one of those answers has a different meaning.

Fallacious is another way of saying someone is lying. Speaking fallaciously would be speaking falsely, or lying.

The one's that through me for a loop were the logic. I can not explain them here without drawing pictures...and looking at my references at home. Suffice it to say, there is a way to say something that isn't true but can be logical. The answer they were looking for, most specifically, were the logic behind them, and not the actual truth. I'll give an example when I get home this evening.

Breaks done...

CIAO!

#17 2005-03-02 20:57:33

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

Ok, thanks for that explanation..
This evning? It's 21:57 here now.. wink

/ Christoffer

#18 2005-03-03 16:36:19

tonyMac
PM

@smiddy:
   I was put into "gifted" classes in my school district, we had to do a lot of those logic problems.  The concept is that, although not true in the real world, the statement is "valid" or "invalid" within itself. 
  ex:

All dogs are green.  Some dogs talk.  Therefore all talking dogs are green.

I can't come up with a good one, but they gave me a stack of papers with these to do in grade school, I guess it was to invoke a "higher level" of conciousness, so one could unbias their thoughts and see facts clearly.

That was a rather poor IQ test, it had a lot of fallacies, such as asking true/false on those logic problems.  They are not true or false, but valid/invalid statements.  And there were a few questions with culturally biased meanings.

Last edited by tonyMac (2005-03-03 16:38:28)

#19 2005-03-03 16:46:51

tonyMac
PM

@bubach
No ,I don't have a key with 2 dots.... Do German keyboards even have that?  I'd love to see a Russian keyboard, that has to be interesting...

#20 2005-03-03 18:37:53

bubach
Administrator
PM  Website

Both Russian and Chinese have all their words with a "normal" alphabet aswell.. I saw a Japanese movie called "battle royal" in which they type normal chars that "transaltes" to Japanese in the special program he used..
BTW battle royal is a really cool movie.. wink

@ tonyMac: Don't think so, can't remeber I saw one when i was there last time, but they should have one.
With that special key I can make really funny stuff: û î ÿ ü ô ë ê etc..

/ Christoffer

Board footer